Tuesday 26 July 2011

What-er Weight?!

Well, the latest fitness kick has, to the best of my knowledge, lasted longer than any other that I've set upon before! Anyway, I've stuck to the treadmill at the gym and I'm already seeing some improvements - my average speed has increased, and I'm not finding it as hard as I was at first. Not to mention, I forgot to take my inhaler before my workout today and managed over two miles and still didn't feel like I was gonna collapse.

But more than this is the weight! There was a time, following a bout of seriousness illness, that I weighed less than eight stone (I was five foot ten inches tall at the time). I slowly built myself back up again in weight to eleven stone, but couldn't put on any more for a couple of years despite my best efforts. I kept trying though as I was determined to get to 12 stone. Eventually I got there, but shortly thereafter I was diagnosed with Asthma, stopped exercising, and the next 1-2 stone seemed to appear overnight...until now!

I've noticed massive gains in my fitness since starting Jujitsu - just ask my Sensei; I thought I was going to die during my first few sessions! But despite getting fitter I never really lost any weight (and I was skeptical of my girlfriend lovingly telling me that I was 'toning up' and that I was probably losing fat but gaining muscle). Back to the point; I decided that I was determined shift my belly in the process of preparing for this competition, so along with my regular exercise, I've been drinking one and a half to two litres of water a day. I weighed myself yesterday morning (same time as the previous week) and I've lost THREE OR FOUR POUNDS!!! I know that a lot of people lose large amounts of water weight when they begin on an exercise programme, but I don't think that's the case as I've been making sure to drink plenty of water.

I'm still enjoying the exercise, and enjoying the Demian Maia instructionals as much as ever; he makes things that you've never thought of before seem like common sense - and they are oh so effective (reviews to follow...eventually)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment