Tuesday 19 July 2011

Hayabusa Mizuchi Rash Guard Review


RRP: £39.99

Admittedly when I first bought this rash guard, it wasn’t because of the advanced sweat wicking technology, the added muscle endurance that you gain from the compression, or the antimicrobial coating that they use on the fibres; I bought it because it looks totally awesome. Luckily, it delivers on all of the sales talk promises too.

The rash guard is 91% polyester and 9% polymeric fibre. In terms of sizing, I scoured the internet looking for a size chart, and even emailed Hayabusa themselves, but to know avail. I took a chance and ordered the large which fits me like a glove (I'm six feet tall with a 43" inch chest - I hope this helps others judge the correct size).

The first time that I trained in the rash guard I was astounded by just how cool it kept my body; whilst my face, head and legs were as warm as usual, my torso was surprisingly cool. It was also a great fit; when it came to rolling my opponents found it impossible to gain a grip on it (I also prefer the short sleeved rash guards as having sweaty forearms really helps with slipping submissions onto opponents, and slipping out of their submissions). The rash guard wicks away sweat brilliantly, and I genuinely believe that my body being less sore and stiff than usual, the following day, was a result of the rash guard’s compression technology.

One major complement that I want to pay to Hayabusa is the stitching that they have used on the rash guard. I have fairly sensitive skin, and so I was worried when I saw the amount of seams on the rash guard that were going to be so tight against my skin. However, Hayabusa have done an incredible job at keeping the stitching flat so as to maximise the comfort of their rash guard.

The one criticism that I have of the rash guard is that after a long, hard session it can start to pinch at the armpits a little; caused by the material bunching up a little. However, this is fairly typical of a lot of compression style rash guards.

All things considered I think this is an excellent purchase. A little pricey, but this is to be expected when buying Hayabusa. The look, feel and performance of this rash guard are all excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment