Friday 5 August 2011

Hammer Time!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted - I picked up a bug at the start of the week and haven't done much except lie around and recover.

Weighed myself on Tuesday or Wednesday morning and I've lost another 3-4 lbs, but I don't expect that weight to stay off; I think some of it was lost through illness, so I'd expect it to go back on anyway, that and the fact that it's the first UFC in over a month tomorrow night so I'll be getting domino's and beer in to make a night of it :)

On the training front I didn't do any at the start of the week (due to the illness) however, something that I've been planning for a while finally came to fruition the other day...


On Wednesday I was determined to get out of bed and do something constructive so took my car to get two new tyres (something I've been meaning to do for a few weeks - this isn't something I randomly decided lol) anyway, I bought a sledge hammer about a month or two ago with a view to using it for some fitness, but that was as far as my plans went. When I was getting my new tyres however, I manged to get myself an old lorry tyre for free (for anyone that's interested, your local tyre fitter will be happy to let you take as many tyres as you like for free - it costs them money to recycle them, so you're doing them a favour!)

Haven't done a huge amount with it as I'm still not 100% but what I have found so far is that it's actually an excellent cardio exercise as well as a strength building one. Afterwards, my whole upper body feels like it's had a good workout - not just my arms. I think I'm already noticing an improvement in my grip strength and forearm definition (but that might just be my imagination). I've also started using my chin up bar again, so that's probably at least partly responsible for my perceived arm improvements.

So until next time, where I'll hopefully be able to inform you of more progress made through sledge hammer training, this is the closed guard signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment